An unexpected illness or injury can happen at any time, even for our furry family members. Having the best dog insurance can help offset the costs, but deciding on whether or not to buy the insurance can be a tough call.
Dog insurance is becoming very popular though, which isn’t too surprising if you consider how quick dog care bills are growing. Here are just a few common dog injuries and their cost:
|Dental Surgery for a stick||$1,656|
|Remove a swallowed pin||$2,964|
|Repair a cruciate ligament||$3,542|
|Treat a cancerous tumor||$9,650|
|Fixing a broken hip|
Get the Best Insurance for Your Best Friend
Finding the right dog insurance can be a daunting task. That’s why we’ve done in-depth research and spoken with real customers for each company to bring you our top 3 picks this year. Below are some items you may want to check out to learn more about this subject as well as how we perform our exhaustive review process.
PetPremium – Best Overall
The results are in! PetPremium is our winner for 2016!
Choosing the best dog insurance was tough but in the end, PetPremium ended up offering the best plans for the least amount of money. A relative newcomer to the insurance scene, PetPremium has been making waves with its awesome value!
Why is PetPremium the Best Dog Insurance?
- The Most Affordable and Diverse Plan Options – We love PetPremium because there are three tiers to choose from and they cover not only common things but also uncommon things like acupuncture, chiropractic care, and even laser therapy. It’s the most extensive coverage available—anywhere.
- Life-Long Coverage at a Constant Cost – Some dog insurers put complex restrictions on your coverage if you file a claim. With PetPremium, your coverage remains the same year after year; they won’t penalize you if your dog gets sick or hurt by raising your rates.
- Built-in Wellness Plan to Cover Routine Vet Visits – Most insurance policies offer zero wellness coverage. PetPremium offers two medical and wellness plans to help cover those routine (but expensive!) trips to the vet.
- Customer Satisfaction is the #1 Goal – When you go with a major carrier like PetPremium, you know that you are going to get the best customer service available because they know how to hold on to members. With PetPremium, what you see is what you get: the #1 recommended dog insurer
PetPremium Coupon Code
PetPremium Testimonials and Reviews
Healthy Paws – Runner Up
Why is Healthy Paws One of the Best Dog Insurance?
- Tons of Plans with Absolutely No Claim Limits – We were impressed that Healthy Paws offers three annual deductible levels ($100, $250 or $500), three percentage options for actual vet-bill payouts (70%, 80% or 90%) and that there is no cap (per-incident, lifetime, or otherwise) on any of their claims.
- Perfect for Risk-Prone Dogs – They are unique in that once your annual deductible is met, all policy-covered incidents will be paid during that year, while most companies pay back after each incident deductible is met. So if your dog is susceptible to trouble more than once a year or you just want to be on the safe side, this plan is a good fit.
- Top of the Line Customer Satisfaction – Healthy Paws has some of the best customer service reviews in the business.
- Pays Out on Hip Dysplasia and Hereditary/Congenital Conditions – Most hereditary and congenital conditions, as well as hip dysplasia, are paid. This makes it an especially great choice if you have a breed that is genetically predisposed to these types of conditions. But, be sure to sign them up when they’re young and do not have any pre-existing conditions.
Healthy Paws Coupon Code
Why is Embrace One of the Best Dog Insurance?
- Optional Wellness Plan – They also offer an optional wellness plan. Their Wellness Plan levels are $250, $450 and $650. All Wellness plans cover the same things: dental cleanings, prescription food, nutritional supplements, medicated shampoos and behavioral training but adjust for varying annual cost levels.
- Fully-Customizable Plans – With Embrace, you can completely customize your plan (adjust deductible, reimbursement percentage and coverage options) so that you can create one plan that works within just about any budget.
- All Plans Have Hereditary Coverage – These conditions can lie dormant for years and when they do show signs it can be very expensive to treat them, often totalling several thousands of dollars. You can rest easy knowing Embrace covers hereditary and genetic conditions with every policy.
- Percentage reimbursement – of our plans reimburse your claim as a straight percentage of your actual vet bill so you get more money back.
Embrace Coupon Code
Why You Can Trust Our Reviews
Want to know how we come up with our winners and where we get our information from?
Unlike other sites, our reviews are conducted before any monetary affiliation or relationships with any merchants on this page are created. We take great pride in this since our reviews are authentic and you can trust us. We offer:
- In-depth category research
- Expert reviews from users
- Customer feedback
- Comments on other review sites and retailers (Amazon, BBB, Yelp, etc.)
- Feedback from social media channels
We have created a system over the past 9+ years that our readers trust. Because we immerse ourselves in the subject every single day, it gives us the opportunity to give you the most in-depth, unbiased review of any given product, service or category related to dogs.